Panton McLeod have supported the UK water industry since 1994, today they hold 6 major framework agreements, complete around 1000 separate projects each year, operate from four regional bases and have supported nearly every water company on an adhoc basis.
But back in 2000 Panton McLeod took a huge step forward when they were appointed as the sole service reservoir cleaning & inspection contractor for Severn Trent.
The Severn Trent contract has therefore always been very special for the business and many of the lessons learnt in the roll out of the framework have become part of the standard business model as growth has continued.
17 years on Panton McLeod are very proud to still support Severn Trent and in this brief review of the relationship we look at key facts, figures and dates.
It is estimated that Panton McLeod crews have completed well over 2000 reservoir cleans, including twice being involved in the critical Ambergate Service Reservoir S10 inspection projects. In addition, numerous emergency situations have been supported at short notice, robotic technology has been brought to the market along with raising the standards of environmental protection through the use of mobile treatment plants to settled, filter and de-chlorinate waste waters.
Prior to the formation of a cleaning framework Panton McLeod completed a number of projects for Severn Trent either through other supply chain partners or through local adhoc arrangements.
- 2000 – Panton McLeod were awarded the sole supplier reservoir cleaning and inspection contract, initially resourced from their head their head quarters in the Scottish Borders, work began to train labour crews to support the contract. Experienced staff were allocated to the region and worked with the local client contacts to build relationships.
- 2001 – Following the development of local teams the Nottingham operational office was opened in Bulwell, still the home of Panton McLeod, in the Midlands the office provides excellent transport links via its location close to the M1 motorway.
- 2002 – In recognition of the work completed between Panton McLeod and Severn Trent to improve cleaning techniques and efficiency Panton McLeod received the prestigious Services Supplier of the Year award.
- 2003 – After being asked to attend a demonstration of robotic equipment Panton McLeod worked with Severn Trent to introduce the technology to the UK market. Panton McLeod have since completed hundreds of robotic inspections and cleans.
- 2004 – In the run up to Christmas 2004 Panton McLeod completed critical repairs to Hallgates reservoir, half way through the project the scope increased dramatically but working extended hours and weekends the project was delivered on time.
2007 – 2014
- 2007 – Mythe incident, after flood water entered the final treated water tanks at Mythe WTW supplies to the surrounding areas were compromised. Teams worked 24/7 for 2 weeks helping Severn Trent to decontaminate the treatment and distribution system using Panton McLeod’s own DWI approved PM88 product.
- 2010 – Panton McLeod teams work with capital delivery partner Morgan Est on the commissioning of the new Frankley GAC plant. Panton McLeod engineers were involved from the detailed design stage to ensure future maintenance was included in the plant’s design. Once built teams then cleaned and disinfected every inch of the new pipelines and chambers.
- 2010 – Christmas call out, Panton McLeod teams were called out over the holidays to help clean assets during bad weather so that supplies can be maintained.
2014 – Current
- 2013-2015 – Panton McLeod supported the commissioning of the 3rd contact tank at Frankley. Working closely with Costain, Panton McLeod supplied the waterproofing membrane, clean the new tanks and disinfect new pipework.
- 2014 – Panton McLeod support the live coring of a reservoir wall for the 2nd time in Severn Trent. The project which involved the use of the inspection ROV to allow a live tapping into a strategic reservoir aided with the completion of a major resilience scheme for Severn Trent.
- 2015 – As Panton McLeod turn 21 a best practice event is held in the lake district to mark the milestone Clients from around 10 water companies attend including Severn Trent. Over the course of 24 hours Panton McLeod act a facilitators as best practice on items such as flood testing and inspections is discussed.
- 2016 – With the arrival of Ceris Van De Vyver (a former Severn Trent and DWI employee) as Chief Water Quality Scientist to the experienced senior management team, Panton McLeod are invited to support Severn Trent with the design of standard operating procedures on key elements of service reservoir maintenance. The team are current works to improve methodologies around inspection, flood testing and cleaning.
The team at Panton McLeod look forward to many more years as an integral part of the supply chain.
To contact Panton McLeod call the head office on 01896663330